Mini Tour

Switchboard 116

Category: Miscellaneous
Manufacturer: Humboldt Museum show item
Created by: Administrator

Sunset Telephone and Telegraph Company completed installation of the Winnemucca Exchange, February 24, 1900, with 41 business and residence stations. A Farmer Line was extended to Golconda and to Paradise Valley. 

Winnemucca became the "Hello" center of northern Nevada by 1908, when the Utah, Nevada, and Idaho Telephone Company established its division headquarters in Winnemucca, with offices on the corner of Third and Bridge Street. 

Bell of Nevada took control on October 1, 1920, and expanded during the 1930s.

Attachments

Ask about this item
AddThis Social Bookmark Button