This church was built in 1907 at 5th and Lay Streets. in 1909 it was moved to Fourth and Lay Streets, (the current location of Wells Fargo Bank), where it served as St. Mary's Episcopal Church for many years. There was even a swimming pool in the back of the lot. The lot was sold and the former church was moved to the Museum campus in 1976, where it served as the Museum's main building until 1985. Currently, the structure serves as a location for meetings, presentations, art shows, musical & theatrical performances, book signings, etc. The fully finished basement provides storage for some of the Museum's newspaper collection.
Occasionally the building is rented out for weddings and private parties. Ask Museum staff for details.